When you use our website or services we may collect personal information about you. We have written this statement to give you the following details:
- what personal information we collect about you
- how we use your information
- who we may share your information with
- what choices you have about what we can do with your information
- how to access your information
Who are we?
This website is owned and operated by Edit Websites Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales under the company number 06128243 and our registered address is Blythe Valley Innovation Centre, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 8AJ
We can be contacted in writing at the above address or on email at email@example.com
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the above address or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 22nd December 2017.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- the organisation which employs you and your role within that organisation (while we do not specifically collect data relating to a person’s religion this may indirectly identify you as a member of a specific church or religion)
- your payment details
- notes in relation to our contact with you
We collect information about you in two different categories:
- Identifiable information: this is information that allows us to identify you such as name and email address, telephone number etcetera
- Anonymous information: we may collect information that does not personally identify you but categorises you into a group or sector (e.g. age, marital status, lifestyle) and we can use this information to tailor our products and services more accurately
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Fill in our “Contact Us” enquiry form
- Sign up for a free trial of one of our products
- Sign up for a webinar via our website
- Contact us via email or by telephone for any reason
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- IP addresses (the name your computer uses to identify itself to us)
- how you found our website
- dates and times that you visited our website
- which pages you visited
- what products and services interest you
Personal Information we collect from other organisations
We work with a number of other organisations such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, internet search engines, marketing organisations and cookie providers who may provide us with information about you.
How we use your Personal Information
Any personal information that you give to us is used to provide our website, process your request for information, free trial or webinar or to fulfil any contract that we may entered into with you. In order to do this we may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information, products and services for which you have asked us
- to fulfil any contracts into which you have entered with us
- to process your payment for our products and services
- to send out our other marketing information (but only where you have agreed)
- to help us to analyse and tailor the products that we offer to you with the needs and interests of your organisation
- to comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise required by law or regulation
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our services or website
- to help us develop our website to make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on our website and services
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to keep our website safe and secure
We may provide you with information about products, services, special offers, and other news where we feel these may interest you. We may use your information for market research and analysis including profiling so that we can ensure that we tailor our offers to your likes and needs.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and If you wish to do so, please email us at email@example.com
Sharing your Personal Information
Our Business Partners
We may share your information with carefully-selected third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
If you would like to see a list of the third parties who we may share your personal information with, please email us here.
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping your Personal Information
Where we store your personal information
Any personal information that we provide to you will be held within the EEA.
We require all our suppliers to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. We work closely with our suppliers to make sure that this requirement is met.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. You can find more details on who we use here [COMING SOON: link to third party supplier list].
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a company retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information.
We have set these timescales in accordance with any applicable legislation and where none exists then we will keep your information for the duration of any contract that you have entered into with us and then for a period of 7 years after which time it will be deleted.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org write to us at the address above.
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at email@example.com.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal data is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We review our Privacy Statement on a frequent basis to check that it accurately reflects how we deal with your information and may amend it if necessary. You should check this page regularly to see the most up to date information.
How to Contact us
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement which can be sent to