Location: Solihull hybrid
Contact: 0121 651 11 25
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000
Full Time: 8.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday
Holidays: 24 days per year + Bank Holidays
About Edit Websites Ltd
Edit Websites Ltd is a software company that has created a website builder initially for churches but now also available for business and schools and all charities. We also have developed our iKnow Church admin software along with a companion mobile app. The software has been developed inhouse and is provided as Software As A Service where we develop, host and support clients using our tools. We are a small and friendly team whose software is used by 1,000s of organisations all around the UK.
Here are a few things Developers have recently said about working at Church Edit & iKnow Church:
"Going from a larger company who had no idea what they were doing from top to bottom to a smaller company who know exactly what they are doing in every aspect."
"As a small company, your work will have immediate impact upon the real users. Your ideas about improvements will be seriously listened to, without being dismissed out of hand. Managers actually listen to what you are saying, and actual have an idea what you are talking about"
"Working as a developer with Edit Websites is a rewarding experience, allowing me to work on a variety of challenges from small changes to whole module redesigns, which constantly encourages personal growth and learning. Working within such a friendly team also creates a unique positive, supportive and collaborative atmosphere."
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Mid-Level Developer to join our team and help us to continue building great software for our clients.
Our software is continually being developed so a successful candidate will be adding new features and developing the products. As part of a small development team you will be making changes to software that is used daily by people around the UK and increasingly across the world.
Developments will include whole new modules as well as adding enhancements to existing features.
The software you develop will make a real difference to our clients as you will see from the feedback received when your work is released.
You must have at least 2 years commercial programming experience working with other developers.
- Writing code to a high standard
- Reviewing / Submitting PRs via Github
- Technical environment; PHP, Laravel or CodeIgniter, MySQL, React, AWS, Rest APIs, Docker, Trello
- The will to explore and experiment with new technologies.
- Excellent testing methodology
Working at Edit Websites Ltd
You get to work in a friendly team making a difference in organisations around the UK as well as:
- Company Pension
- 1 day a month to learn something new - everyone gets one Friday free each month to learn something new to help them in their personal development. You might want to learn a new programme or skill which is why we set aside 12 days a year to work on your own learning and development
- Your birthday off - no one should have to work on their birthday. So if yours falls on a working day then you get to take the day off.
- Quarterly Socials - mid quarter we meet for a social - previous socials have included paintballing and bowling